Monday, June 29, 2015

El Poas, La Paz, y el primer día de clases

Yesterday morning we left around 7 am to head up into the mountains to see Poas Volcano. Unfortunately, it was cloudy, so we couldn't see it, but the hiking was great and it was still really cool to be in the cloud forest. 


After we left Poas, we road down the mountain to La Paz waterfall gardens. It was beautiful seeing all of the wildlife native to Costa Rica.




The most beautiful part of course was the waterfalls. Our legs were literally shaking by the time we got to the bottom from all of the hiking we did, but it was totally worth it! 



Today was our first day of class. My teachers, Gina and Mariana, are great! Composition class is more relaxed. Gina is super fun and excited to have a more advanced class. Mariana, my linguistics teacher, is clearly passionate about her subject and I realized how little I actually remember on this topic! 

Time for homework! I have reading to do for linguistics and I am going to do some reviewing on my own of things we saw today on our diagnostic test that I know I should know!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment